Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Don't only sing when you are winning

Rivals.net - Messageboard
Elton John was honored the other night for his amazing song writing and wig wearing for the last 65 years. But he only writes the tunes he doesn't do the words and as everybody knows its the words that count. This can be clearly seen in the fine efforts of budding Elton's or even will young's on the rivals.net message board. The transformation of Babooshka in to a soaring epic celebrating the prowess of Talal el Karkouri would certainly require Kate to undertake some introspective examination of her soul, search the inner bush as it were. To discover how she missed these almost god given lyrics to her mournful ditty. ( inspiration strikes - to the theme of Wuthering heights - Danny Danny you can score at home now oh oh oh oh Danny Danny Danny Murphy he he he he etc rough working early days still ) We have some wonderful songs at the valley, songs note not chants we have plenty of them too but songs are what we all secretly love. I have always wondered how they start, I have great admiration for who ever thinks them up and can only imagine what it must be like to her your idea on the terraces. A recent favorite is the Jason euell / gold tune, utter genius a cheesy disco beered up favorite of mine. In fact I have more than once made international phone calls at 2 in the morning so my ex pat mates realise what their missing down the over 30 room in the local clubs. Being a polite resident of the west stand however means to get any of my songs sung would require solos with mega phones so the north stand could hear. I may get away with it in the Bernabeu ( yes that is me you can hear on Spanish football on a Sunday - private jet, taught zidane everything he knows long story don't like to talk about it) but I imagine a swift exit would follow at the valley. This self imposed silence has lead to the passing of several songs in to unsung history - Charlie MacDonald had a goal ei ei ei oh and my personal favorite he's fast he's quick he is a type of crisp martin pringle martin pringle (regrets I had a few but nothing compares to never hearing that sung). Has my time come at last though? Has the digital revolution allowed me to broadcast to the world? No but at least I can get them off my chest

Rommedahl -blondie - Dennis Dennis - ideal words and tune already written
jeffers - flipper theme tune - franny faster than lighting?
Jerome Thomas - Thomas the tank/ goal engine? Could be a 50 style whistling one. Just getting silly now


Well I was wrong about the yellow balls and I needed something to write about the football is proving hard to be inspired about. Well i am off to try and find something to rhyme with Hreidarsson

1 Comments:

At 8:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell... why not try to make our own you'll never walk alone. I'm thinking Bruce Springsteens the River. It starts something like: I come from down in the valley... Needs a little rewriting but its a great song to be sung by a packed stadium. Rodriguez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home