Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Time Passes......

Happy Birthday Alan. I haven't posted for ages, writers block I fear. Since I last properly posted I seem to be having the opposite and early mid life crisis. Since reaching a certain age last year I have constantly protested to friends and family alike ' its not to bad just the same as before'. But I realise I have been kidding myself , which I find worryingly easy to do. shit I have dried up already. back again after spending 9 years in a cliched (but true) dead end job until may 2004 I have changed company three times and roles 4 times and moved house. Its like being involved in a pleasant car crash you can see what is coming but you cannot avoid it. Most strange. Anyway that's what's happened to me and that's why I have been a bit quiet. On the happy birthday note I have also failed to mention significant events since I have been 'running deep' so a quick list. Brown boy and blanco got married. Log has grown a little twig, well done I know your part was the hardest. Disgrace (to our mother) has grown his hair and gone aussie ( he did get some brownie points by jumping and cheering on a Melbourne commuter train at 6 in the morning when Hughes scored the 5th penalty).

the boys have soared the heights of the league and now are taking a short breather before challenging again ( we hope). A quick word on Bryan Hughes he keeps getting described as a journeyman player( by footy hacks) which in footballing terms I always assumed meant squad player loads of clubs . Journeyman actually means one step up from apprentice either way its not a nice term. He is never going to be a cult hero but let him enjoy his moment in the sun. I still hate hacks and pundits. Mrs Murphy also revealed she is a bit of a jinx the other day ( in her role as a columnist, not hack columnist) and proved it by the Bolton game. She is however a minx so a solution is required. I feel I have the answer turn up at the start of the game wander round looking a bit special support Danny, give me a stiff neck ( this is a family blog) then jump on a bike cab over to the Kebab Ye Den balls up their home games then fly back pronto for the Powelly pitchside panto performance! Perfect.

Anyway back to the grindstone. Happy birthday Alan once again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home